Friday, January 4, 2008

Updated 1/4/08 4:40pm
The support for Logan from friends, classmates, and the community has been overwhelming. T-shirts and bracelets will be sold at the Castle basketball games at CHS on Saturday and Tuesday nights. Join us at the Rock-A-Thon, Sunday, from 12-6 at the CHS cafeteria. There will be entertainment - the Boom Squad, a magician, and the band - Deaf Meagan along with food and drinks. Come support Logan and his family.

Attached is a link from Thursday night's newscast from WTVW Evansville, http://tristatehomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=5397 and Friday's newscast from 14WFIE, go to 14 News Top Video (right side of the page0 and scroll over to Cancer Benefit: Residents prepare to rock. http://www.wfie.com/Global/category.asp?C=3490&nav=menu54_1_6

To read the Evansville Courier and Press article about Logan, dated Friday, Jan. 4th use the following link. http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/jan/04/brain-surgery-in-his-future/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,
I left a message at Courier press too, please contact me...
My son had brain surgery this past summer in Washington DC. His was not a tumor but a defect in the skull. He has huge endocrine issues (but had them before) and I might just understand what you are talking about. Feel free to glance at our blog. Our night mare started a year ago for us - and hopefully is now just at a maintaince level...
I would love to talk to you...and John wants to meet Logan to 'give him some pointers'

Sarah McQuay
sarah@saturnspeed.com

Anonymous said...

Logan,

I had a pituitary tumor removed a year and a half ago and understand how scary it can be. They had to leave some of my tumor in my sinus cavity, since it was too close to many nerves. However, I actually feel better and am stronger than before my surgery. The key after surgery is to find a good endocronologist. I live in Muncie, IN so my endocronologist is too far. At 45 I am back playing pretty rough basketball and with the testostorone replacement am stronger than before. Before and after my surgery I talked a lot with an older gentleman who had the same surgery 14 years ago. It helped me and my wife tremendously. If you ever want to talk or ask questions, please email me at theboens@comcast.net. You are in our prayers. The details God took care of during my surgery and recovery was amazing.

Anonymous said...

HELLO I AM BLAKE SALES GRANNY GLENNA.HE ALSO WAS A JUNOIR AT CASTLE AND HE WAS MANAGER OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM.BUT WE LOST MY BEAUTIFUL GRANDSON 16 MONTHS AGO. HE IS WITH THE ANGELS NOW.I AM SURE HE NEW LOGAN.I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I WILL BE PRAYING FOR LOGAN EVERY DAY AND NIGHT.I HAVE ALSO ASKED BLAKE TO PUT IN SOME HEAVENLY BLESSINGS ON YOUR FAMILY TO.I WILL TRY TO BE THER SUNDAY,IF NOT MY DAUGHTER OR SON IN LAW WILL GET ME A BRACELET AND I WILL PROUDLY WEAR IT EVERDAY WITH BLAKES BRACELET.IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK OR EVEN CRY JUST LET ME KNOW YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT TYAPPIARIUS@YAHOO.COM AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER.I MEAN IT ANY TIME NIGHT OR DAY.I DONT SLEEP VERY MUCH ANYWAY.LOTS OF LOVE TO YOUR FAMILY.GLENNA APPIARIUS

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, Mike and I just want to say we are so sorry we were not at the Rock A Thon Sunday; but our prayers are with you and Tim and Logan, and the whole family in the coming weeks ahead.....God will Grant Logan a speedy recovery and eyesight, keep the Faith! He will be in excellent care and has a lot of prayerful people backing him! Love to all, Rita and Mike Dame